Saturday 6 October 2012

this years xfactor finalists.

Hello lovelies, sorry it's been a while! I've had so many post ideas and not enough time!
Finally found myself a coffee break and thought there's no better time than now.

So, the competition this year is incredible. The quality and standards of the contestants is higher than I've seen so far with there being so much diversity between the artists in each category, every member of the public can find at least one performer that they find themselves wanting to hear more of.
Here's a little but about my favourite categories!













The girls are brilliant this year, Tulisa must have had such a hard time! As a Sheffield girl myself, I find it difficult not to love Lucy Spraggan, however, I'm not sure she's right for the competition. I feel she's going to struggle through the live shows as she's not going to be able to keep up vocally with other contestants such as Ella with a strong, meaningful voice and Jade with the unique tone yet well formed vocal range.
Hopefully she'll pull through! Even if she doesn't, I'm positive she's going to get through life with music.














I think I've slightly fallen in love with Jahmene. He's so adorable and when you see such a huge voice come from him, it's just incredible. Rylan is also quite a character! Beside his eccentric personality and awkward reactions, he has surprisingly good voice. His audition at judge's houses was so unexpected. I can't see him winning the competition, but I don't think we'll see shut of him so soon! Personally, I'm not a fan of James. He's really good, has an amazing voice but I just can't find myself feeling like I want to hear more from him. Maybe my perception will change through the show.















The over 28's category are much better this year. Gary has actually put people through for their talent rather than for television humour. Melanie is currently the most annoying person in the competition. She shouts the lyrics to her songs and it just sounds awful. How she made it through and Christopher Maloney didn't is beyond me. Besides her, the other two acts, Kye and Carolynne are very impressive and I'm sure we are going to see some very surprising things from these!


As for the bands, I find it very difficult to like any of them, simply through personal preference, I'm just not a fan of bands/groups/duos and overlapping harmonies, but of course I wish them the best. I don't think another band is going to win this year but let's see if my opinions can be changed!


What do you guys think? Who's your favourite contestant and who's record do you think you'll be buying this Christmas?

Take care! x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all comments left and take my time reading and replying to them all, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...