Thursday 24 January 2013

2013 beauty and fashion, what's going on?!


Whilst the snowy weather hit the country, I hit my local shop to stock up on some magazine to get a glimpse of what to expect S/S 2013, and I have to say, I'm not entirely impressed.

I thought I'd gotten rid of dungarees plenty of years ago, I looked a lot more like Augustus Gloop than I'd like to remember. Although I can slightly see how people may suit these, surely it's going to only be a select few that will be able to pull these off? I have quite a wide variety of friends, with lots of different styles, and I can count on one hand the amount of people I imagine could pull them off. I just can't find myself liking them, as much as I want too! I guess it's exactly the same as my dislike for jumpsuits, if you're short and stumpy, there's a very slim chance you'll be able to make the bill, but long, athletic and leggy and you're top of the class.
I am definitely more open to playsuits and short dungarees, though I can't seem to find one that I love on me. I just think a full body suit is just too much, it's just a no. Nada. Zilch.


Another style I found myself reading more and more of was colour clashing, in both make up and clothing. I do quite like clashes in clothing, however I find a difficult one to pull off, and have never been adventurous enough myself to give it a go.

Clashes in make up is certainly something left to be desired in my eyes. I just cannot seem to find a situation in which these styles would ever be appropriate? Don't get me wrong, they look fantastic in magazines and on the runway, but I can't actually imagine someone wearing it. Do feel free to let me know if you think otherwise though!


I definitely think I'll be sticking to my natural make up looks, perhaps I'll be a little more adventurous - use more plums, purples, greens even on my eyes, perhaps I'll stray to some coral blush, and pinky-coral lips, but I doubt I'll find myself reaching for the red mascara and ice blue cream shadows.


What do you think about these coming trends? I'd love to hear, so post a comment below!


4 comments:

I really appreciate all comments left and take my time reading and replying to them all, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...