Thursday 21 March 2013

My Origins Facial... take two.

Last week I booked myself in for one of Origins free facials and skin consultations. As most of you know, as I've been asking for advice, my skin has been an ass lately. It's been so dehydrated, dull and red, it's really been getting me down. Then after this weekends events, I had quite the breakout, so this facial couldn't have come at a better time.

Unlike my first one, which you can read here, it felt a lot more professional and I really feel I learnt a lot more about my skin. She couldn't praise me more on my skin, I was horrified and thinking she couldn't be more wrong, but for every "bad" thing I pointed out about my skin, she had a reason for it, and why it happens etc.

After pretty much everything I do, cleansing, toning, exfoliating, you name it, my cheek go bright red and look as though there are millions of spots under my skin. This has always been a problem for me, and something I'm really embarrassed about, but the lovely lady explained how my skin was sensitive, more than likely due to my age, and it's good to see that the products are reacting, but not hurting me, as it shows it's working. That confused me a bit, but then things are always worse until they get better... I dunno that's probably a load of nothing.

Luckily, I've been pretty spot on with the toner and cleanser that I've been using from Origins which are the Checks and Balances cleanser and the United States tonic. Although my usual Balanced Diet moisturiser worked, we decided that the Make A Difference + Rejuvenating Moisturiser would be more suited with my skin, and it smells GORGEOUS, just like orange sherbet. I usually use the Overnight Intensive Mask, however the Origins expert suggested this may be a little too intense for my skin, and to try using the 10 Minute Mask, which I have to agree, it works so much better.

Afterwards, I was left with really hydrated and lovely skin, which I know sounds silly from a mini facial, but I definitely think my skin has felt so much nicer since.
If you're having problems with your skin, or you need to change up your routine a bit, I definitely recommend heading over to your nearest Origins stand and booking yourself in. This is my second one and I know if my skin changes again, I'll be straight there.


Don't forget to enter my giveaway! There's loads of nice things for one lucky person to win!

You can find Hayley Loves on BLOGLOVIN' and TWITTER

6 comments:

  1. I could so do with a facial! Sounds like a lovely experience :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had a better/professional experience this time round! Sound lovely

    A little bit Unique - Blog // Facebook // Bloglovin



    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaah sounds like much nicer experience with far better results. Every time I'm in origins I can't resist spraying the ginger spray...
    Makes me melt! I love it :)

    prettylittleus

    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all comments left and take my time reading and replying to them all, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...