Monday 15 April 2013

Iconic Fragrances from JO LOVES Part One





When I came across JO LOVES, I just KNEW I needed to give all the scents available a massive sniff, so when the opportunity came to be able to sample some of the fragrances, I jumped for the chance.
Now before we start, Jo makes it very clear that JO LOVES is NOT a subsidiary company or an associated business of Jo Malone Ltd. I can see why people would think such things as the range of surprising fragrances are much like Jo Malone creations.

This is going to have to be a two-post kinda thaaang. There's just so many it'd be cruel to make you read such a lengthy post, so I'll split it up into three fragrances this time, three next and give you a little bit more information about the company itself. 
Onto the fragrances!

Mango Nectar
Notes: 
Top: Bitter Orange, Pink Grapefruit, Mango Leaf
Heart: Mango Nectar, Apricot Blossom
Base: Jasmine, Musk


This is a really fresh scent, with the creaminess of Mango and the sharpness of the Bitter Orange and Pink Grapefruit. There's a little sweetness in there from the Apricot and the base note of Jasmine comes out in those last couple of sniffs you take. The three scents that stand out to me in this are the Mango, Apricot and Grapefruit.


Notes:
Top: Mango, Kaffir Lime, Black Pepper
Heart: Freesia, Mint Leaves
Base: White Thyme Absolute, Vetiver

Zesty and Peppery without getting caught up your nose, an incredibly oriental, clean scent. You still get the slightly creamy smell from the Mango but the Lime and Pepper are the real contenders here. Kiiiind of masculine, but still feminine enough for a woman to wear, I get the impression these are very uni-sex fragrances. 


Notes:
Top: Pink Crushed Peppercorns, Juniper Berries, Cardamom
Heart: Cumin, Nutmeg, Ginger, Angelica
Base: Vetiver and Amber

Probably one of my least favourites, it kind of reminds me of when I'd have a bath and use my Mum's bath soaks. Quite floral yet really spicy from the Peppercorns, Cumin, Nutmeg and Ginger, saying that, I wouldn't have been able to identify the spices unless I read the notes. Without sounding like a troublesome youth, this is probably one for the more mature lady..


So this is part one of a two, perhaps three part series, so keep an eye out tomorrow for the next installment with more fragrances, and a little bit more about JO LOVES.

What do you think to these fragrances? Sound like something you'd like to try? Leave me a comment with your favourite!

4 comments:

I really appreciate all comments left and take my time reading and replying to them all, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...