Monday 19 November 2012

it's christmas time, time to reminisce!





Since the Christmas lights were switched on this weekend throughout Sheffield, there's definitely been a buzzing atmosphere. The town has come alive with festive lights, stalls and some fairly out of the ordinary decorations. Nevertheless, the card shops are getting busier and busier, and people are rushing through town frantically trying to buy some early gifts for loved ones.
My city has definitely stepped up a level with their decorations this year. The Winter Gardens (first image above) looks more like a secret garden, and the Peace Gardens looking like a child's imagination with Dr Who's famous police box and some The Doctor's most feared rivals waiting outside. There's even a pirate ship with plenty of pirates working the ship and going through the water fountains. It's truly a kids haven.
The High Street is over-flowing with Christmas markets, heated bars serving mulled wine and roasted chestnut stalls. I can't wait to have a rummage through and see what original gifts I can discover.

Christmas has always been my favourite time of year, filled with family gatherings, eating chocolate coins for breakfast and having my Nan fall asleep on the sofa every ten minutes! This year it's going to be quite different, with my Nan now being in a care home, we'll be bringing the fun to her.
Not only is it a great family occasion, it brings me a few days closer to mine and Mike's first year anniversary! This time of year is filled with amazing memories of my relationship growing and getting to know each other better, staying up talking till 3am on Boxing day and feeling happier than ever.


Do you have any Christmas memories or family traditions? I would love to hear some! Leave me a comment below.

Take care everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Cute photos! The Christmas decorations aren't up in my town yet :(.
    ablogbyabbie.blogspot.co.uk X

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all comments left and take my time reading and replying to them all, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...