Monday 26 November 2012

my current skincare routine, looking for your expert help!




Hi guys!
Today is my only day off this week and as I have a job interview tomorrow, I've been taking after my skin as I've really neglected it lately and this cold weather has really taken it's toll. Sadly, I use baby wipes to take my make up off, which many off you say is the biggest no, but it's just so much more efficient, I've never used a cleanser to remove my make up as I just can't understand how it works! I do use cleanser with cotton wool pads after I've used the wipes though, any better?

For affordable, semi-decent skincare, I don't think you can go wrong with these products, they last a fair amount of time, and do pretty much exactly what they say.
The Pore Minimising cleanser I'm pretty unsure of, I can't really see that they're working, I don't find it makes a difference in my routine, afterwards it feels a bit sticky, but I love the moisturiser! I've applied it plenty of times today to get some much needed moisture into my skin and this is beautiful. There's no particular scent to it, but it makes such a difference. I love wearing it under my make up, it creates such a smooth, soft base that my foundation (after primer) applies so well without clinging to any dry patches.

I did a review of the Soap and Glory T-Zone wipes here. I use these before applying make up to try and keep oil and large pores at bay, but read more there.

Very occasionally, like, once a week, I use a gel cleanser that I find is very strong and stripping, but I use it occasionally as I do feel it makes a difference to my skin, it removes any unwanted oils and it's "natural", but I might do a post on that soon. It's definitely aimed more to people with oily skin, rather than oily/combination as it recommends. If I do use this, I moisturise a lottttt afterwards.

I'm looking for new products, not too expensive, but I find my complexion to be slightly uneven sometimes, I have red patches on my cheeks and I just want nicer skin haha! I'm also looking for a mask, I'm not too sure what, I'm a mask virgin, I'm always scared I'll have a reaction if I change skincare.. weird haha.
But please, give me your suggestions, favourites, anything. I'd love to hear them and try them out soon!


Take care everyone, not long till Christmas!



6 comments:

  1. Lush ultrabland and simple anti blemish moisturiser! Check out my Friday favourites on skincare on my blog:)

    www.themake-upcounter.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check them out, and give your post a read, thank you! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Aaaah I love simple! I always buy Superdrug's own brand of face masks, the dead sea mud one is my favourite. I find that the Montagne Jeunesse ones dry out my skin.
    ablogbyabbie.blogspot.co.uk X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll give them a go! A bit nervous but I won't know till I find out! Thank you! :) xx

      Delete
  3. I love the superdrug masks to there's some really amazing ones I love them I also really like the superdrug tea tree range :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw great! Definitely gonna have a look at them then! Thank you :):) xx

      Delete

I really appreciate all comments left and take my time reading and replying to them all, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...