Tuesday 22 January 2013

NOTD: Forever, a perfect nude.


Whilst I'm desperately wanting to hang on to the berry shades from A/W 2012, I'm definitely feeling nude nails lately! Absolutely perfect for any situation, they look smart for work but can look very classy in social situations, and is the colour I'm definitely going to be wearing for my sisters 21st this weekend. Nude nails are very versatile and so are perfect when looking for a colour to wear when you have a busy week, but I definitely won't be reaching for this brand!

I'm not the biggest fan of 17's nail polishes. I currently have four in my collection and I don't think I'll be venturing out for many more! They are very chip prone, even when covered by a top coat, I applied this colour last night, and not even 24 hours later I've found myself with a messy, chipped finger - not good! I've probably used this product 10-ish times, give or take, and I've already found it's going a bit gloopy and it seems I have hardly any left in the bottle, when I can clearly see it's about 3/4 full. With another colour from this brand, when I bought the unopened bottle, I found the lid was broken, so the black plastic casing has come apart from the applicator which makes applying it VERY messy.

Although it finishes quite opaque, I applied two coats of this to achieve a full coverage. Although I didn't use a top coat this time round, I would still expect a glossier, smoother finish than has been achieved. There is a shine to it, but it's quite dull and even a bit matte.


Overall, I'm loving this shade, but not the polish itself! Have you used many 17 Lasting Finish nail colours? Hopefully you had a better experience than I did!


3 comments:

  1. Lovely colour :) I'm a fan of nudes too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice isn't it! :) definitely going to have to purchase more nudes! X

      Delete
  2. Ooh I love the colour, I'm still hanging on to my berry shades though! Frankie xx
    http://coffeeshopsandcardigans.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all comments left and take my time reading and replying to them all, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...