Monday 11 February 2013

selfridges base beauty wishlist

Hey guys! So, I'm having a bit of a mare lately. I'm desperately looking for new make up. From my What's DEFINITELY Worth the Hype and What's NOT Worth the Hype posts, I know I'm looking for blusher, bronzer and foundation because these are items I'm never completely satisfied with. The only problem is, I don't have any particular products or companies in mind for what I'd like, so everything's all up in the air. I'm off to London in April so I'm compiling a bit of a wishlist of things to check out and maybe purchase whilst I'm down there!




I spent ages looking through Selfridges website, and this is the only foundation that has really appealed to me, Clinique Superbalanced Makeup. I have verrryy combination skin and love balancing skin care, so this seemed pretty appropriate. They also look to have quite a good range of colours, so it'll be one to check out.

Blush was really quite difficult too, but after picking hundreds of shades I ALWAYS wear, I've picked these two shades that I've never really tried, especially the pink Bobbi Brown blush. I'll be honest, I've no idea how it will look on me, so I'll definitely have to try before I buy! The other blush is by Stila and it's the Custom Colour Blush in shade Bronze. This is a little closer to shades I usually wear, except more pink than red and I think it could look really pretty! Going to seriously look into this one!

When looking for bronzers, I saw this bad boy from Laura Mercier called the Bronzing Duo in Coral Bronze. At £26 this is so, so expensive but those two shades are just beautiful! Maybe I wouldn't have to buy a new blush either...

Finally, one I could pick up on the high street, but I'd completely forgotten about until I came across it, the Bourjois Bronzing Powder. I could hardly see the colour choices on the website, but I remember watching a lot of bloggers raving about this product so I might just have to do a few swatches and see what I think!


So I'm not too sure if I'm 100% satisfied with everything I've chosen. If you have any favourites, pleaaase let me know, I'm stuck in such a rut!


7 comments:

  1. I wish we had Bourjois in America...I've always wanted to try it. And you should definitely go for the LM Bronzing Duo because your reasoning behind it is quite logical haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried Bourjois before, so I think I'll have too!
      Hahaha, well, any excuse really haha :) xx

      Delete
  2. Need to try the clinique foundation! hopefully you'll do a review! Also, Love your new header! how did you make it?x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully! :) :)
      Thank you!
      I found loads of fonts I loved from dafont.com and pasted them onto a blank piece in Photoshop! :) x

      Delete
  3. The Laura Mercier bronzer duo looks amazing. If it is anything like the foundation I would definitely recommend x


    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent wishlist, really want to try the clinique!

    A little bit Unique

    x

    Oh and I'm running a giveaway, if you want to pop over and have a nosey! Giveaway here


    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all comments left and take my time reading and replying to them all, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...