Tuesday 25 June 2013

THE STAPLE #1



Do you want leathery, lined, aged looking skin? No. Neither do I, and it wasn't until I really read up on how important it is to use an SPF that I realised just how important it was that I got myself one and included it religiously in my routine.

Now I can hear some of you moaning and groaning about it being just another layer to make your skin feel clogged in the heat (when we get some), but honestly, if you shop around and do your research then that won't be the case, so no excuses! When this gem from Daniele de Winter* popped through my letter box around a month ago it became a staple in my skincare routine, whether I'm applying make up or not, going to the shop or going to work, the sun will always be there and so must this.

I was a little scared with it being SPF 50+ and a thick cream that I'd have a nightmare with it, but I couldn't be more wrong. It sinks in quickly, doesn't leave too much of a tacky feel and is SUPER hydrating. My foundation applies like a dream over this. It's not greasy, which again, I slightly anticipated and doesn't feel heavy at all during the day. I have fairly sensitive skin and have no problem at all using this, it isn't scented at all, so don't worry!

Something that probably shouldn't bother me but does - and I'm sure it will other people - is the packaging.. It's really not nice and feels very cheap. I definitely think plain black with gold or something would look much more chic, non? Especially for the price... I will use my bottles sparingly!

I think the next SPF's on my list will have to be the Keihls one aaaaand La Roche Posay, but if you have any firm faves, do let me know!


You can find Hayley Loves on BLOGLOVIN' and TWITTER 

2 comments:

  1. I deffo need to start using sun protection i take my dark skin for granted assuming it was made for sun rays absorption lol. This sounds good, i love that its spf50 too.

    BlogLovin' | Blog | Facebook
    xoXo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Invest in one! You'll thank me for it later ;) xx

      Delete

I really appreciate all comments left and take my time reading and replying to them all, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...